The Secrets That She Kept by Salem Miles | ARC Review

"We are all works in progress, and it takes real guts to admit when you’re wrong and try to move from there.."

Synopsis :

When popular high schooler,  Julianna Stefanie Robinson takes her life days before her final year of high school commence, her best friend, Dalia Parker, and her twin brother James Robinson are left to pick up the pieces as Julia left letters to those she feels she has wronged.

But as they deliver them to their recipients and start getting closer to each other, Dalia and James realize that there were quite some skeletons that Julia hid in the closet, ones that could change their lives..forever..

Review : 

First of all I'd like to thank the lovely @salemwrites_ for providing me with the ARC of this wonderful book. 

The synopsis gave me major 13 Reasons Why vibes (one of my favourite books) and I knew then that I'd love this book too. 

And in this respect, "The Secrets That She Kept" didn't disappoint. This book explores the typical American school lifestyle and its dynamics. It’s astounding!  breathtaking even. And with her immaculate writing style, Salem Miles spins a wonderful story about how sometimes when kids try to engage themselves in activities meant for adults, it results in dire consequences for everyone around them.

There are so many lessons in this book that really touched me as I read through it. As a young girl, the author has done such an exemplary work in highlighting the dark sides of growing up, most of which are never talked about. 

I really hope there's a sequel to this book as I'm really intrigued about what happens next. If you’re looking for a YA / high school thriller this is for sure your book. I recommend this novel to everyone, who can relate with that personal issues or love the thrill of the mystery.

"The Secrets That She Kept" was published on 10th March, 2022. It's available in both Kindle and Paperback format. Go, grab your copy if you haven't already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Heathens by H. E. Edgmon | ARC Review

Loving the Dead and Gone by Judith Turner-Yamamoto| ARC Review

The Aviatrix by Violet Marsh | ARC Review